Authors' Club, The

Description

A gentlemen's club founded as a complement to the Society of Authors.

Initially located at St. James’ Place. Moved first to a location adjacent to the National Liberal Club (1893), then to Whitehall Court (1895).

Start Date

Image Source

Bartholomew, J. G. 'Railway Map of Central London.' The Pocket Atlas and Guide to London. J. Walker, 1899. http://www.victorianlondon.org/maps/railwaymap.htm.

Files

1899-London-Whitehall-Court.jpg

Citation

“Authors' Club, The,” The History of the Society of Authors, 1884–1914, accessed July 23, 2024, https://historysoa.com/groups-organisations/Authors-Club.

Output Formats

Social Bookmarking